Monday, June 2, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN?


As anticipated, I walked into a classroom full of 28 five year olds on major sugar highs and still hyped from a night of trick or treating. Having learned somewhat from my previous 25 years, I knew we'd get nowhere during the day unless I let them share the previous evening's adventures with their classmates, so we sat down in group and I let each one tell what they'd dressed up as and how their night went. I got to one little boy who's older brother I'd taught and asked him what his brother had dressed up as and he proceeded to inform me his brother had been a PIMP! Curious minds wanna know ran through my mind as I heard the question echoed numerous times, "What's a pimp?" As I was trying to come up with an answer one little gal piped up and said " You know, those bumps people get on their faces!" Needless to say, I found this satisfactory and quickly moved on to the next child.....

No comments: