Monday, June 2, 2008

CHANGE....

Life's tough these days, especially for our children. I read these posted somewhere and saved them in the hope that one day in their journey, our children, when faced with adversity and they realize a change needs to happen that they understand number 5 on the list is perhaps the new path they might need to take.....even as adults, this is great advice.

1. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost. I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes me forever to find a way out.

2. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it. I fall in. I can't believe I'm in the same place, but it isn't my fault. It still takes me a long time to get out.

3. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it there. it is a habit. My eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.

4. I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

5. I walk down a different street.

No comments: