Monday, June 2, 2008

OLD AGE


I think back to my younger days and remember just how ancient 20, 30, and God forbid 40 sounded to me. Now I am looking at 50 soon and wow, how young that seems! However, it never fails that once I have become comfortable with my middle age, some one always comes along and gives me a reality check.....this time a lovely little 6 year old girl in my classroom. During a discussion on 2 and 3 dimensional shapes, we reflected back on how in Columbus' day it was the belief that the earth was a 2 dimensional surface and that if one sailed far enough they could fall off the edge, but that it was later discovered we live on a sphere, which is 3 dimensional. Loving the questions and much enthusiastic discussion that followed, I called on this young lady knowing she had something of great inspiration to contribute....." Ms, O, were you born when Columbus was alive?" On the positive side, I look dayummmm good to be 514 years old!

No comments: